Tuesday, July 15, 2008

This is kinda new

This is my blog. I thought I might try to write down some of my thoughts. I usually think about things from very different perspectives then other people. I don’t always let other people know what I’m thinking, because it’s often too hard to explain. Usually people don’t get it. So hopefully I can put it all into writing and post it here.

I chose the name, “I’m not feeling very creative right now” because when I was trying to figure out a name for my blog, that’s the first thing I said. My wife suggested that I use that as a title. And I’m trying to listen more to my wife. So there it is.

This is who I am. My name is Adam. I’m a Christian who follows Christ and is lead by Christ. When I was 5 years old, my mom told me who Jesus was and that he died on the cross for my sins. She told me that sin is what keeps me from knowing God. And if I believe in Jesus and allow the Lord to lead my life, and repent of my sins, I will be forgiven and be accepted into the kingdom of heaven. I understood what she was talking about and believed what she had told me. My older brother prayed with me and I accepted Jesus Christ into my life.

Throughout my childhood, I learned more about what Christ had really done. I learned what Sin really was. I had often questioned whether I was actually saved or if I should pray that “prayer” again. Every time I sinned, I would pray to be saved again. It never seemed to be enough. I just couldn’t stop sinning. I couldn’t be perfect. The prayer never seemed big enough to cover everything. One day when I was 15, my church youth group was at a conference lead by Dawson McAllister. At the end of the 3 day event, there was an altar call. I figured, “this was it, if a prayer here doesn’t cover it then nothing will.” I then got up walked to the front with all the other 100 or so other kids. I prayed with my youth pastor and re-committed my life to Christ. I left there that night not feeling very different then I had felt the day before. Soon after that, I understood what John 3:16 really meant. I realized that I wasn’t saved because I said a prayer. I was saved because Jesus died on the cross. When I prayed I had already understood that my sin is what separated me from God and that Jesus is God in human form because God loves me so much that he sent Jesus to die on the cross to forgive that sin so I can know God. Since that realization, I have learned more and more about what God does and what he wants to do with my life.

That is primarily who I am. But it is because of God that I am also a husband and a father of 3. My wife is Sarah. She is a beautiful wife and a loving mother. My daughter is the oldest. Her name is Angela. Then there is Jason and Matthew, the two boys.

I don’t have anything else for this first post, but I have plenty in mind for some upcoming posts. Check back in a couple of days and let me know what you think

No comments: